Vibrators, Sex Toys, and Love
Friday, November 09, 2012
So you’ve heard the hype, you’ve had your curiousity piqued, but you’re still not exactly sure about this prostate massage topic that’s been floating around in the conversational ether. After all man chats about penetrating ones anus is not necessarily standard conversational fare among most men. Well if ever there was a month to get acquainted with your prostate November, or should we say Movember is it.
All month long men are raising awareness for their own health issues by growing creepy little (and not so little) mustaches across their upper lip. These Mo bros are publicly raising awareness for prostate health, and other related cancers. Whether they’re fully aware or not one of the best things every man can do for their friend the prostate is to not only raise a bundle of money for research, but they should also be massaging that productive little gland regularly. Now we’re all aware of the taboo’s and the ridiculously untrue belief that playing with your butt might make you gay, but it’s actually a very rare thing where you can combine a health focused work out with a mind blowing orgasm. So instead of squirming at the idea embrace your butt, and do you and your prostate a favour.
Well the fact is true that there is only one way to get to the prostate (which is directly through the back door) regular massage of the gland in question can reduce the risk of prostitis, prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction symptoms, genital pain, and even frequent trips to go pee in the middle of the night. If you’ve never ventured down the prostate path here are few landmarks to assist you in your exploration.
The prostate itself is a walnut sized semen-producing gland that you’ll find by penetrating the anus with either a well-lubricated finger or toy. You’ll find it approximately 2.5” to 4” inside the rectum on the anterior (front) wall. You can massage it by crooking your fingers in a curved come hither angle the same way you would for massaging a woman’s g-spot. Once you’ve found the prostate you can massage it in a circular motion, or simply provide static pressure while you use your other hand to masturbate, or play with your partner. When you massage the gland stagnant semen is released, and mind-blowing orgasms have been known to occur. Orgasms can be long lasting, and some men may even experience multiples. Given the benefits and a little bit of know how if you still find your self a little uncomfortable with the topic remember what the iconic Franklin D. Roosevelt said “There is nothing to fear, but fear itself.” Now get out there clean up, lube up, do some exploring, and give you and your prostate the love and health they deserve!
Saturday, November 03, 2012
MOVEMBER OR BUST ~ MOUSTACHE LOVE
At long last it’s that time of year. The time of year when temperatures drop and the nether region between a man's upper lip, and his nose quickly becomes populated with coarse bristly facial hair all in the name of raising awareness for cancers that affect men. That’s right ‘Mo’vember is upon us and with it hordes of men doing their part to shed some light on a subject that is not talked about nearly enough.
At the beginning of Movember guys register with a clean-shaven face. The Movember participants, known as Mo Bros have the remainder of the month to grow and groom their Mo, raising money along the way to benefit men’s health. So in that spirit this year we’ve decided to honour men and their prostates by featuring five unique and wonderful moustaches to inspire.
2. The Walrus- In a nutshell The Walrus is essentially the lazy mans Handlebar. Forget the pomade or gel, and let your Mo go bush wild. Think John Lennon, or the hockey great Lanny Macdonald, and you’ll have an apt representation of the Walrus. This particular moustache looks especially geeky on those with small facial features, and is a great soaker of soups, and stews.
4. The Horseshoe Moustache- Iconic by nature the Horseshoe represents everything that is big, bad, and hairy about moustaches. It covers a lot of territory on the wearers face, and has a mystique that is pure machismo. The extension that balance either side of this facial wonder are called pipes, and can extend down the sides of the chin and in rather dramatic displays even off the face. The Hulkster is synonymous with the Horseshoe, as are other cultural icons like James Hetfield (Metallica), and pretty much any picture of a rough and tough biker you can conjure up in your head.
So there you have it, five hot moustache styles for you to check out this Movember. Whether you’re growing one, or just pledging somebody close to you remember cancer affects us all. If you have a moment to show some mustachio solidarity give a fist bump, a scratchy kiss, a moustache ride, or even better yet put some funds towards the cause and see how a little from everybody can do a lot for us all.
Monday, October 22, 2012
OUR 5 FAVOURITE VIBRATORS
At the shop we’re always getting asked what’s the best toy, or what’s the most popular, or what do you like? Well here we are to break it down for you and take you through our five favourite vibrators, and the reasons they have such a special place in our heart. Keep in mind this top five is by no means stagnant as there are always new and fun toys making their way onto the market for all of us to enjoy. What works for you may not work for somebody else, but these are a few of the good ones out there that we not only personally love, but seem to have a loyal following.
1. The Water Dancer- If you’re familiar with the term Pocket Rocket this is the fun little clitoral vibrator they’re all talking about. It’s not the fanciest of vibrators, and it only has one speed, but there’s one thing for sure it works, and works well. The Water Dancer is made by Vibratex, which is a company from Japan so suffice to say it has quality electronics even if they are simple. It is waterproof so is ostensibly good for submersion. That said its waterproofness is protected by an O-ring gasket, which over time may loosen up with repeated battery changes compromising the integrity of the waterproof feature. You’ll also note once you have it in your hand you can wiggle the plastic cap on and off. This is a great little feature that gives you a little bit of intensity choice. You can have the cap on to diffuse the vibration slightly, or take it off and have direct contact with the nodules for a slightly more intense buzz. Perhaps the best thing about this vibrator though is that it’s only thirty-five bucks. The Water Dancer makes the list because it's function, and performance, combined with price to truly make it the gateway vibrator and a great choice for a first timer, or if you’re on a bit of a budget.
P.S. Ever wander why some vibrators look like animals, or have smiling faces? Well it has something to do with this company.
P.S. Ever wander why some vibrators look like animals, or have smiling faces? Well it has something to do with this company.
2. The Siri- Jumping way up on the price scale, but accompanied by quality is the Siri. This fancy pants vibrator from Swedish toy company Lelo is not only aesthetically appealing it’s downright powerful. Compared to other vibrators from Lelo we chose this one because it is one of their more powerful, less gimmicky models that form fits to the hand rather nicely. Like other Lelo toys I really like the way the finish of the silicone glides across the body. Compared to other silicone toys it is that much smoother than anything else out there, and the difference is indubitably noticeable.
As far as speeds go it has five of them, combined with five vibration patterns giving you a lot of variability to explore your body with. Wow, I can’t believe I got this far through the description without even telling you one of the best parts it’s rechargeable. That’s right no messing around looking for batteries, just charge it up and it’s ready to go, and go, and go. Those extra goes are for the length the motor lasts on a single charge. The Siri is a beautiful vibrator for those that have the bucks to spoil themselves (or a friend) with a sweet fusion of quality, elegance, and intelligence all rolled into a sexy package.
3. The Stubby- Granted the name for this toy isn’t the sexiest one out there, but what it lacks in the moniker department it makes up for in the performance. Price wise this vibrator is on the higher end of the middle range of price points, but the versatility it provides is what pushes it into our top five. As with 90 some odd percent of Trinity Romance toys on the site the Stubby is made of silicone making the possibility of cleaning it appropriately for either vaginal, or anal use a reality. Since silicone is a non-porous material it’s strictly a surface clean. For that same reason lubes will go further on the toy as well, because they’re not getting absorbed into the actual material of the toy. To sanitize the Stubby after anal play you can clean it in a 10% bleach solution, or if you merely need to provide a simple clean after vaginal use anti-bacterial soap and water combined with a good rinse will suffice. Now all that said you can’t just use any silicone vibrator for both vaginal and anal play. Toys that cross over into both realms need not only be made of silicone they must also feature a flared base too, so the toy has zero risk of getting lost in the rectum.
With a thorough understanding of the material benefits now in hand, take a second and check out the shape. Note the really acute curve at the top the vibrator. I’m sure some of you are going hmmm. For those unaware that acute curve is perfect for hitting the G-spot in women, or the P-spot (prostate) in men. Now throw all those sweet features together and give it 8 speeds, 3 pulse settings, and a turbo boost button that will turn the volume to 11 whenever you need it, and you can see why it’s one of our favourite fives.
4. Hitachi Magic Wand- If we didn’t put this one on our list Nina Hartley, and Samantha Jones (Google them) would be calling us a band of vibrator neophytes, and you know what they’d be right. It may be big, unattractive, and relatively loud, but no other vibrator buzzes quite like the Hitachi Magic Wand. This is the vibrator for the ages, and for good reason, it has power! The Hitachi has two speeds low, and high, but it may as well be powerful, and orgasmic steamroller on speed power. Quite simply the Hitachi doesn’t joke around when it comes to orgasms. Even the fact that the Hitachi is on a cord is quickly forgotten when you witness the power this vibrator brings to the table. The one positive about the cord is that the vibrator motor has a constant supply of power so its intensity doesn’t fluctuate like battery-operated units, which translates into a longer toy life due to less stress. I’m not joking when I say I know folks who have enjoyed their Hitachi for over a decade.
5. G4 Tiger- To counter the old school and bridge the branch vibrator gap we’ve left in this list thus far, we’re going to feature the G4 Tiger from Fun Factory. As you can see this vibrator is designed for penetration, while providing clitoral stimulation. What I like about it versus other branch vibrators like the Rabbit, or the Ina is the choice of material, combined with vibration pattern, and overall feel. Unlike the Lelo toys the Fun Factory rechargeables (which the Tiger is by the way) are silicone the whole way through their body giving them a much softer feel as opposed to the rigid shaft of toys like the Ina, or Soraya. As far as Rabbit comparisons go they aren’t even in the same league in my opinion. The Rabbit was great 10 years ago, but technology has advanced and toys like the Tiger are the next step in the evolution of that classic design. The handle fits ergonomically into the hand giving you something really easy to grip while being in contact with the eight individual speeds, and three pulse settings. The shaft also has a nice head to it that can bump against the G-spot, and ridges along the backside to target all the nerve endings on the front wall of the vagina. It seems the G4 Tiger really has thought of it all, and we’re big fans for good reason.
Well that’s our top favourite five; I hope you guys liked it. If you think we missed any awesome vibrators, or you just think we’re way off base we’d love to hear what you think. Hit us up in the comment section below and we’ll keep the dialogue alive.